ELL Writing Groups
To Become a Better Writer in English
These groups are small (2-5 graduate students) and are designed to help non-native English speakers build their English writing skills throughout the semester as they work on projects related to their degree program.
- weekly, facilitated meetings (60-90 minutes)
- conversations about building momentum on writing projects
- conversations about who you are as a scholarly writer
- conversations to help you work through your English writing challenges
Lindsey Bush (a M.A. student in TEFL/TESL) will facilitate the ELL WRITING GROUPS Spring 2019.
ELL Writing Group Request
ELL Editing Groups
To EDIT an Existing Manuscript (up to 30 pages)
For non-native English speakers who have a manuscript they wish to edit for submission for publication, degree completion, or department requirements.
These groups run for 4-5 weeks, depending on the needs of the participants.
Participants can expect to:
- receive and give feedback to at least one other editing group participant
- meet weekly (90-minutes sessions)
- edit manuscripts for improved structure and organization
- edit manuscripts for clarity of sentences and meaning
Leah Franke (a M.A. student in TEFL/TESL) will facilitate the ELL EDITING Groups Spring 2019.